The best of the 80s and 90s has made its way to Mandalay Bay! A brand new restaurant has opened for a limited-time engagement on the Las Vegas Strip, and you need to see how cool this place is to believe it…
Retro by Voltaggio was created by the television stars, judges and celebrity chef icons, Michael and Bryan Voltaggio, and the super rad restaurant will remain inside Mandalay Bay for a one-year engagement.
According to a press release, “The carefree era when dial-up internet was fast and mixtapes were the move, is revived through the minds of the Voltaggio Brothers with an original restaurant inspired by the tastes, sounds and pop culture of the 80s and 90s.” Scroll to take a peak inside of the brand new retro restaurant!
A Taste of Retro’s Menu
- Voltaggi O’s: The brothers’ version of the canned childhood favorite is made with handmade anellini ringed pasta, pomodoro sauce emulsified with brown butter and a massive meatball
- Wagyu Beef Pot Roast: Mom’s pot roast is transformed into a modern-day fantasy with this wagyu indulgence served alongside potatoes cooked in beef fat, and Nantes carrots
- Pepperoni Rolls: A nod to the staple afterschool snack, Retro’s rolls wrap a warm and crisp bread around San Marzano marinara, basil and gooey stracciatella cheese
- Cheese and Crackers: Not your typical cheeseboard. Airy pork rinds, dusted with BBQ spice, are served with a pimento coulis nestled in a cloud of whipped brie
- Shrimp Cocktail: Poached wild Baja shrimp arrives on a bed of frozen aerated coconut that provides an extra layer of flavor to complement the house made cocktail sauce
A Few of Their Coolest Cocktails
- Appletini: Inspired by the old-school version, this vibrant cocktail combines Midori and fresh Granny Smith apple juice and is topped with egg white foam and matcha powder
- Fuzzy Navel: A modern take on the classic Fuzzy Navel, the Navel-Gazer incorporates Ruffino Prosecco, peach, orange and honey
- Soco & Lime: The new-age variation on the SoCo Lime pairs Southern Comfort 100 and Old Overholt Bonded with lime juice and apricot liqueur
- Retro Farms Wine Cooler: The iconic wine cooler of the 80s meets its grown-up self with the Retro Farms Wine Cooler featuring sauvignon blanc, yuzu juice, gin, basil and mint, ceremoniously uncapped tableside
- Brass Monkey: Playfully saluting the time-honored tradition of drinking from a brown paper bag, this sharable 40 oz. malt liquor comes aptly dressed and is meant to be passed around the table for guests to pour into their individual glasses of house made sorbet for a phat combination
Make A Reservation
Retro by Voltaggio is open Monday – Saturday, 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. Reservations can be made by visiting Mandalay Bay, online, or by calling 702-632-7401.